Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Dearest Brown-eyed Boy,

Thanks for working all vacation with me.  And taking moments here and there to play.  I'm sure that I have never felt more exhausted after a week of vacation, but I am so happy for that.  Better sentiments accompany activity rather than lethargy.  At least for me.  I am always itching to do something --especially work --especially with my hands.  I even get depressed when I sit still to long.  Winters are soooo hard for me.

And so I shoveled horse manure during naptime today.  I took time for spiritual feasting.  I got the mail.  I pondered all the while.  It was a much-needed two hours of quiet and working with my hands.

Do you feel like you are made for something great?  I mean really great?  Extraordinary, even?  Knowing what I do, I understand that every child born on this earth is made for something great... but I'm talking about more than that.

I'm itching to do something again, so I'd better go.  I think I'll take the shuffle hoe to the vegetable garden.

From Your Lady

P.S.  I feel a bit fake writing letters on a blog.  How can I overcome this?  Or should I even worry about it?