Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dear Lady,
As always, Lindsay, no thanks are necessary. If you'll simply stay by my side and allow me to be there for you, I will; and that will be thanks enough.
It's been a rough week huh? That sickness has just been hanging with you by a thread and comes back in force with the slightest provocation. I'm so sorry. It's good to know you got a night of restful sleep and are feeling better today. It will be nice to have our own home without junk food in it. That'll be a good time to make a break with unhealthy foods entirely I think. It migh cost a little more to get the natural peanut butter, or fruit instead of snacks, but I think it will be worth it don't you? I think the greater health and fewer sick days will pay us back all of the extra that we spend. I've considered this for a while now, and I think our own home will be the final helpful push we need to accomplish it. After all, I'd like to be one of those sicilian's who can still work hard at 90 (even though I'm not Sicilian).
Maybe we can take a break from all of our home-work to get another hike notched in our belts. It'll be a nice day and we can pick out a shady path through the National Forest. And I'll get to work setting up our list of world travels and accomplishmets along the sidebar. I think that's a good idea. We always need constant reminders to be reaching for the next big thing. I read somewhere that in Rugby there is no gloating over goals or great plays (a practice far too common in American sports), but that rather everyone is focused on what they're going to do next. I think that's a good lesson.
Lastly, I really love you. I enjoy our new house so much because it is somethig for us to work on together. I also had a new idea for something to work on together, and that is I would like for us to be known as great entertainers. I'm not really sure why, but I just feel like I would love for us to be known as a great time. To invite people over informally, but also more formally. To be known for throwing great dinners or parties. To have the awesome dishes like we talked about. Or to make sweet dishes. To have you make great invitation cards for everyone. To have everyone leaving thinking "boy I can't wait for the next one of those."
To steal a line from you, "What say ye?"

.an ambitious boy