Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dear Boy,

Thank you for all you do.  Always.  Most especially this week --

Thank you staying next to me when I feel lousy.  Thank you for taking care of everything around the house (even more than you usually do).  Thank you for keeping our sons happy and well.  Thank you for keeping me warm.  Thank you for keeping your sense of humor when I simultaneously kill the car battery and barf.  Thank you for rubbing my back and helping me walk.  Thank you for filling up the tub numerous times and making sure I don't drown when I fall asleep in it.  Thank you for sticking around when I vomit and thank you especially for disposing of it afterward.  Thank you for getting me drinks and ever asking what you can do for me even if there never is much. 

As can be expected --coming back from the trenches of illnes-- I feel anxious to live again and maybe even more than before.  I am grateful to have a body that works, grateful to be in an amazing world, grateful to live under favorable circumstances.  I just love life.  All I want to do is savor it everyday .  I want my children to love to be alive.  I want to help other people to love being alive.  And so....... I think we should put our lists of things to do on here.  That way they'll be readily accessible.

I'll start with a random list of things for us to do...
Let's go to the ocean(!)
and raise chickens,
find Lick Brook Gorge,
do 29 acts of service for your 29th birthday,
go to Sleepy Hallow,
live in a yurt in Alaska,
go to France,
serve a mission,
have a garden,
hike every trail in the Nat'l Forest before October 10th,
and get a dog. 

That's just a beginning.  Maybe we could add our list to the sidebar.  We can have more than one list.  We can make lists of things to do this summer, this week, after we "retire", in the next five years, when our kids are grown, in the eternities, when we're millionaires, when we are grandparents, when we have a Shave Ice machine, this year, in the next ten years, when we live in Spokane, when we live in Alaska, when we live in Guam... What say ye?

Love,
Your Lady Who Likes To Do Everything With You