We set off to romp around a playground, first by bike (it was wet), then by my mom's car (she encouraged me to get all four kids out of the house).
It turns out that they have wasted no time in tearing down the T-burg school playground in preparation for the new structure. It's completely demolished and discarded neatly in a few large dumpsters. So we continued to Not My Dad's, played in their stones, consumed ice cream, got soaking wet in their drinking fountain (Gerret) and then were on our way to Taughannock's playground. It was rainy and still before noon, so I wasn't expecting them to be charging for entry at that time. I was wrong. And I was unwilling to fork over eight bucks. I was afraid that if I went over to buy a 2010 park pass, they'd insist on me sticking it to my mom's car. I decided it would be a better idea to park at the overlook and walk down. And that's what we did. I carried Gerret, Nolan, Elise, and Olivia walked. The trail was much longer than I remember it being and by the time we made it to the playground, we were all so exhausted that all anyone felt like doing was sitting on the beach. The lake was so pretty today and it was cool but not too cool. We threw in stones and found shells and I thought about the impending hike back up (literally UP) to the car. In the end (after playing a bit on the playground, using the restroom, and eating lunch by the lake), I left Olivia and Elise with the boys and ran back to the car by myself. Well, I ran a majority of it, but at some points I had to slow my pace to a brisk walk because my heart felt like it was ready to explode. Despite the hurry, my hike in solitude was so refreshing, kind of like my bike ride last week. Thanks for that. I loved it.
Maybe we could attend a concert in the park this summer. They're on every Saturday evening starting July 10th. It's $5 a car (I think that's suggested, maybe if we had a pass we could get in free).
Maybe not. It seems that there are so many things that we would like to enjoy this summer, but every spare moment is already spoken for. I think when it's time to go to Florida, we'll be ready to collapse.
I love you. You are refreshing, more than even time spent in solitude or in nature or both. I am okay with all of my spare time being spent on the barn if it means spending it with you. You are my favorite vacation. You even beat the ocean. Thanks for being mine. I hope you will be mine forever.
From,
This Lady