I miss you.
An adventure just isn't the same without you.
That said, I want you to know that I haven't squandered my time here wallowing in loneliness. I figured I was going to be lonely regardless, so I might as well be lonely while I was out and about. So I've been out and about. Still, probably not as out and about as we are when we're all together on some grand escapade, but enough that I won't look back and regret a missed opportunity.
Detroit has been alright. Well, actually, Detroit has been pretty cool. Some of the training veterans have said this is one of the prettiest locations they've been sent to. Which isn't to say that a few miles out Detroit isn't pretty awful. It is. There are a couple of Detroit natives in my group who've confirmed that while this small area is quite pretty, Detroit as a whole is in pretty rough shape. I've asked how far out you need to go to get into bad areas and they said not very far—less than a few miles. So I guess it was a wise choice to not wander too far off the beaten path (I just misspelled 'path' and it autocorrected to 'Ptb'!).
Anyway, I'm having a decent time, but I'm quite anxious to be home again. I thought about the Empire Farm Days that're going on right now and I thought: That would have been a preferable memory to me, than this one alone.
I love you.
.a Boy