Sunday, August 21, 2016

Dear Lady,

Life has been pretty crazy recently, huh?
Or maybe life is just always crazy and we only stop to acknowledge it every now and again. That's probably more likely the case.
We've definitely been blowing through our money pretty fast with all of these projects, but our house has come an incredibly long way because of it. And all in the span of about a month-and-a-half. It's been worth it though. Like I'm always saying, money is for spending anyway. What good is it if all we do is hold onto it?
On a small financing note, we've spent about $50 on product, but I think we've successfully eliminated the more problem in the coop. I think. It seems like a ghost town in there. The older coop, however, is beginning to develop an infestation of its own. It's not pretty. I guess I'll start using some of this spray in there as well. I was also trying to figure out how I could transition the chickens from one coop to another, eventually, with a night in between to prevent them carrying some over. Like putting them in dog cages one night, outside any coop, and then finally transitioning them. Maybe it would work. Or maybe the annoyance of mites will simply be with us forever.
It's nice to have fresh eggs, but it's also nice to not have to constantly worry about mites. The requirement of using an insecticide, or diatomaceous earth, etc is pretty far removed from my farming ideal. I wonder what families did about mites back in the day. Burned the coop down?
Well, I love you. You're amazing and I think that more and more every day. Please stay forever. The Farmer Mur to my Farmer Mitch :)

.a Boy