Friday, June 10, 2016

Dear Boy,

You offer some amazing pain relief.  Thank you for gifting me that. I'm looking forward to a much better day than yesterday. You do that to me. Even though the bathroom flooded and our pantry is in the dining room. These things happen.  I suppose they make life interesting; they are the ingredients for a good story. Otherwise, our morning wouldn't have had much of a story and probably not any sex either. 

It's neat how we slowly figure out how to do stuff. Like consistent family nights and how to keep the house clean. Hopefully someday we'll figure out gardening. And food preservation. 

I love to have this life with you. We share something wonderful. It makes our home a good place to be. And even though we're not perfect parents and we're not completely satisfied with our current circumstance, I think our kids have a good life and a good place to call home. I don't think it would be so good if you and I didn't love each other the way we do. I look forward to you every day. I think of you when you're away. 

So, I'm not looking forward to this weekend much. We have to divide in order to meet every demand. I wish you didn't have to miss Nolan's marching band. I'm proud of him for the effort he's put into learning and playing music. He will do well with his guitar playing. I, however, am not excited about playing in the recital.  I'll be among a very few adults and I just don't like performing or speaking, which brings me to the last reason I'm not looking forward to this weekend. I have to speak in sacrament meeting.  So sad. I'll be relieved when Sunday night arrives. 

Also, I looked for the other wheelbarrow that hopefully is not broken, but I couldn't find it. Maybe it's outside the basement kitchen door?  We have a lot of wood to move. Did you get those pallets to put a stack on?

I'm sitting in the living room at my parents' and I'm listening to Mindy do strength exercises with my dad and it sounds good. She's so kind and encouraging to my dad it makes me feel like crying. I'm pregnant though, so that's a common feeling. But in all seriousness, this girl has been sent from Heaven. What a blessing for my dad and for me... It's why I'm sitting with my feet up in the living room. 

That's all for my wandering thoughts today. 

I love you. 

L