Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Dear Boy,


Thanks for all the surprises this week. It's been fun. I would rather have you here, but you do a nice job of making life enjoyable even when you're not around. We're surviving, but definitely looking forward to Friday. These kids of ours sure do love you. 

I'm tired and not feeling that good. I just remembered that tomorrow is garbage pick up. So hopefully I make it out there in the morning before they come.  

Those twelve years passed quickly. It seems like I just married you. And it also seems like we've been married forever. Another paradox of life. I took a leap of faith back then. It's not like I knew you that well or could have known what life would be like for us, but if I could choose again, knowing what I do now and seeing what I see or have seen, I would marry you again. Even more eagerly than I did the first time. I love you, boy. You mean so much to me. My heart is full when I think of you and when I am with you. This week, I'm mostly thinking of you. Come home safely. 

L