Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Dear Lady,

Listening to you laugh, in near hysterics, as we played FIFA '11 last night was worth the $5 I paid for the game (and so much more). Admittedly I just like the experience of a new video game in general, but playing with you was so much more fun than playing any game on my own. I just love seeing you smile and hearing you laugh (I'd pay any price for such an evening—at only $5 last night was a super-bargain!).
I happened to run into Olivia last night when I dropped stuff off at your mom's and she said that Ollie's family taps sugar maples. I guess Ollie's dad just built a sugaring shack. Go figure, huh? Maybe I can talk to him sometime about all of my questions.
Oh, and I'm not sure where their grey van was because Olivia was there but the van wasn't . . .
I was sorry to hear, in your last letter, that you've been struggling with depression again. I hope that it's never anything I do that encourages your depression. Of course my intent would be to alleviate every obstacle that feeds depression in anyone, and especially in you. I hope that if you haven't entirely overcome it we can do so together. I know that neither of us wants to spend another five years like we've spent the last eight. Not that all of the past eight years have been difficult. Quite to the contrary right? It's more the confinement we've each felt subjected to: you at home and me at work in a field and employ I don't much care for.
I love your new idea and trajectory for yourself. I am anxious to help you along this path in anyway I can. I'm still not entirely sure what it is is like to spend each day doing, but I now that I would love to spend my days helping you achieve this dream for yourself. Anything I can do. Just figure out how we can make it happen and I'll do what you need. That's what best friends are for, right?
I love you and look forward to seeing you smile more today. Have fun at your Uke lesson!

.a Boy