Thursday, March 3, 2016

Dear Boy,

One thing I really appreciate about our letter writing is it can overcome our alertness opposition. As in, you are alert in the morning and often write to me then, when you otherwise couldn't communicate with me (as I am generally dead to the world at that time). I sometimes write to you at night long after you have drifted to sleep. But you don't really drift to sleep, do you?  It's more of a violent fall. 

Thanks for inviting me to play thumb soccer with you. It has been fun. I love to do things with you and laugh with you. And I like soccer. 

I'm home today. And I have a grand plan of cleaning stuff. Like everything. I may be asking too much of myself, but that's better than asking too little. I talked to my grandma yesterday about the chickens finally and she said she would like 3 Buff Orpingtons. I think I remember that's what you got extra of. 

I'm planning to be a good gardener this year. In conjunction with that goal is that I am going to dig a pond. What do you think I about the idea of lining the pond with big rocks to keep the mud down?  I just had that idea yesterday. Maybe that's too much work. My ideas generally involve inordinate amount of impractical labor. But we do have a U shaped driveway because of that, huh?  

I love you. And I miss you when you are gone. 

L