Well, soccer was fun while it lasted. I'm sorry it didn't last a little longer but it was a fun something to do for the last week. I've tried it a couple of times without you: once against the computer and once with the kids, but it was never quite as satisfying as it was when we were playing it.
So what are we going to do now?
We're out of shows.
We don't much care for movies too often.
Video games aren't the way to go.
Maybe we need to do a better job of spending some of that time improving ourselves—you practicing ukulele and me practicing . . . Something. Piano? Not really sure for me.
Anyway, you're a real dream. It's not the most awesome thing in the world to be stuck at home every night—but it's an infinitely better prospect to be there with you. To be honest I would choose to spend every evening at home with you than spend every night on some grand adventure alone. For you are my grand Adventure.
I have loved seeing this country with you and I look forward to seeing the world with you. Life is long and we've got plenty of it left. Someday we won't have the luxury of spending evenings at home with our children safely tucked away. Let's enjoy it while we have it. And I'm also going to make a more concerted effort to enjoy these moments even when it's Nolan coming upstairs at the most inopportune of times.
Though I'd prefer to spend those times alone with you ;)
.A Boy