Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Lady

I am sorry for frustrating days. I'm especially sorry for days that frustrate you. I'm glad you had a happy workout last night and a good breakfast this morning. It is always my sincere prayer that you will have a good day today. There must be something truly applicable in the scripture that it is only the works of men that are frustrated. Perhaps when we are truly in the Lord's service we feel frustrated much less for His work is never frustrated.
I'm fasting through lunch today (couldn't bring myself to fast through those smoothie's). I think I need to fast more often—short one meal fasts. If anyone needs guidance and communion from the Lord, it's you and I. I went and read that talk by Elder Groberg. It was incredible. Landmark. I'd like for everyone to hear that talk, and to listen to it. I also read a scripture that reminded me that we are here in this probationary time to repent (or become like Jesus Christ) and serve God. Perhaps we all spend too little time serving the Lord. He has asked us to pray over all our labors that they be consecrated unto him and for our good. I have rarely done this outside my church calling. Were this more of a habit I think we would be guided much more clearly, don't you?
This morning I made a point of praying for missionary opportunities and today I got to talk briefly with a woman about the book I'm reading—History of Joseph Smith. The Lord doesn't expect a lot from us before blessing us, but he does expect sincerity and a little effort...then miracles.
Finally, I think that ever since we have moved out here we have kind of been waiting. Waiting for thins to improve. Waiting for a better job. Our own house. Do you feel the same? Paul said he had learned to be happy and content in any situation because he knew he was doing the Lord's work. I think we ought to work harder to know we're fulfilling our ministries in his eyes. If we do that we'll be blessed with prosperity, a better job, a home, and everything one could want, but it won't be the source of our happiness, it will be the result of our happiness. Let's do what we need to to serve the Lord and be happy. I know he'll bless us.
I love all of you.
.Patrick


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone