Thursday, October 14, 2010

Dear Boy,

The Tick Twister is an instrument capable of miracles, namely removing ticks --even very small ones-- smoothly, seamlessly, efficiently.  I watched my mom, "Nurse Grandma", remove a miniscule parasite of the sort from Gerret's chest this afternoon.  I wouldn't have found it if Nolan hadn't removed all of his clothes and started filling the bathtub (with cold water) after I had already said, "Later" to a bath.  Thankfully, my children rarely listen to me and the two of them enjoyed a bath together when it should have been nap time.  It was after the bath when I was drying The Pook off that I noticed the small black spot.  Where these ticks come from and why they seem to gravitate toward pookerily things, I can only venture to guess, but I do know that I'd like a Tick Twister for our new home.  Maybe for Christmas.  That's not a joke.

It was due to these bathing and twisting activities that I probably missed your call today.  I haven't seen my phone in 24 hours.  I hope you are having a nice gray day and I look forward to seeing you (however briefly) tonight.

from your lady

P.S. I just learned last night that John Adams named the property and home he acquired just before his Vice Presidency.  Peacefield.  We could name our home Cinderhaven.  That's a joke, but I still am interested in naming our home.