Friday, October 1, 2010

Dear Boy,

Towards the end of our visit to the library today, none other than Julie and Ruby Wright sauntered through the back door.  I spoke to Julie.  She is very excited about us buying her house.  She called it a "haven" for our boys.  She told me about the property, updated me on the reparations (the pipes under the sink were fixed yesterday and the roof guy is coming tomorrow), asked if we'd like her to leave the washer and dryer for $100 (I don't know if that's for both or $100 each... I told her we had some), and said they recently bought a used riding lawn mower that we could buy.  She really wants things to go as quickly as possible.  The closing on their new home on Salo Dr. was supposed to be tomorrow, but the current owners aren't ready to get out yet.  She's a little upset about a lost weekend to move.  They have everything in boxes and are ready to get out.  She actually started the conversation by asking if we were packing.  That caught me off-guard and a little laugh escaped.  So... hopefully things work out and work out fast.  I am excited for it to work.  Maybe we should name our home.  Does that sound weird?  Well I'm a weirdo and I think it would be nice if our house had a name.

In other news, I just kicked out our caterpillar collection.  We found four fuzzy caterpillars earlier and they were crawling on the kitchen table, but I could only find three.  I decided it was time for them to leave before we lost another one.

In even other news, CJane (my best friend) is sponsoring another rooftop concert tonight in Provo.  It makes me wish I was in Provo.  Anyway, the group is called "Lower Lights".  It's a ton of very talented musicians who just got together and made music.  Here's a video about them.


Not so much something I thought I'd be interested in, but their entire album is free to listen to on their site, so I thought I'd try them out and I love it.  I love music, especially lots of harmonies and layers and instruments.  This group has all of that.  The boys danced.  I sang (loudly, shamelessly) and danced.

I can't wait to see you in just two hours.  I can't wait for a whole weekend with you.
-Your Lady