Friday, August 25, 2017

Dear L,

I can't even begin to convey how excited I am for you. I mean you're finally doing what you've wanted to do for years! Walking that path you'd dreamed of for so long. And I think this is all so awesome!

And, yes, I think you'll have moments where you think you're crazy for doing this. Moments when you second guess yourself. Moments when you're apprehensive. When you're nervous. Terrified, even. And that's alright. In those moments just remember that you wouldn't be feeling all those things unless you were doing something that really mattered. Something that was really so very important to you. And that's why it's worth doing despite all the misgivings that try to slow us down.

I admire you for overcoming those apprehensions and going for it. That's something I've not quite mastered. Maybe someday. In the meantime I'm happy to support you in whatever way I can. Just let me know how I can help.

I love you so much, L. You're an incredible person with and incredible dream. I hope you'll love being a midwife—though I have a suspicion you'll find yourself in love with the entire journey there. And I'm honored to walk alongside you for the adventure.

.Boy