Monday, August 14, 2017

Dear L,

That's scarce to hear about Sam and the garlic! Things like that give me great pangs of anxiety. I've never experienced such constant worry in my life like what I experience for our kids.

It's crazy!

But, thankfully, Sam will only be little for so long and my anxiety for them lessens as they get older (though I don't know I can say it goes away). I suppose if ever you love anything you're never truly free of anxiety for those things.

And I'm glad to hear you're excited about the future. I pray the best for us and especially for this new path you're beginning to walk. I'll be looking forward to hearing what you hear back from the schools. My fingers are crossed (and prayers said) that you find all the answers and good fortune for which you may hope. However, whether the other be easy or difficult I will support you all along the path—wherever it may lead our family.

Now for a brief anecdote from my day:

So I've told you that on some mornings I find time to wander over to Taughannock and read my scriptures or write in my journal at the overlook. Right? Well, I believe I also told you that a couple of times there's been this older man there enjoying the peace and calm of the morning, yes? It's the same man who I said was down in the overlook peeing into the drain one morning.

Is all this ringing a bell?

Well I was there alone this morning when this gentleman arrived again (usually he's there before me). I think it was owing to how many times we've shared that overlook, but, whatever the reason, he struck up a conversation with me this time. And you know what . . . It's an enchantingly small world we live in. It turns out he has a brother who has lived for many many years in Spokane.

Crazy, right!?

Out there at the overlook. Early in the morning. Thousands of miles from where I grew up, and this random old man with whom I share that early morning overlook has a direct connection to my hometown.

Anyway—not much more to say about it than that, but life delivers beautiful coincidences doesn't it?

Well I've gotta bolt to a meeting, but I love you. Thanks for the letter.

I love you L.

.Patrick the Boy