Sunday, August 13, 2017

Dear L,

Well . . . Why not? Let's get another letter up here shall we? I mean, I'm just sitting outside with Sam while he takes a nap at the Nyre's. I surely hope the kids running around and playing don't wake him up. It should be alright though—their property is significantly bigger than I ever realized and we're tucked away in the far corner under the trees. There's a bench here and Sam and I are just enjoying the beautiful weather (August has turned out beautifully, wouldn't you say?).

Did you realize that the Nyre's have a lot of mature fruit trees already? I passed an Apple, peach, and a pear tree. I think they must have planted at least the peach tree. I'm not sure about the other ones.

Oh, and we can go pick peaches at the Smith's anytime. And as much as we want. Their in Poland for two weeks so they'll all be spoiled before they get back. I figured maybe we could head over there for family night and that could be our snack too. They also mentioned that there are blueberries . . .

To change the subject—I wish it was always the weekend. 'Cause I certainly enjoy time with you.

I love it actually.

Nothing better.

I just wish we had more of it.

Time that is.

Time together, specifically.

I don't mind working. I really don't. I enjoy what I do and the people that I work with, but I certainly prefer time with my bluish-green eyed friend (that's you).

When you met me did I come across as being as solitary an individual as I am? Our conversation at church with Caitlin just got me thinking about this subject. It's just another of those instances where you and I differ like night and day. You would love for nothing more than to be with friends doing fun things. I, on the other hand, am usually fantasizing about some place I've yet to be or adventure I've yet to have.

But I do like people. Just in a different way than you. Or perhaps just in one of the many ways you like people. Because I do enjoy talking to people. I mean I did engage in a lengthy conversation with an older French woman at the airport as I came home from Minneapolis. And I did approach the gentleman working construction at
Cascadilla Creek and speak to him. But I think to be fair it's because I love stories and I love that people are full of stories I've never heard. I love that.

But I definitely don't enjoy just "hanging out/around" people as much as you do. Your love for the company of people is amazing. I love you for it. It's just another of those character traits you have that I don't. But I try a little more every day.

Though I do believe it's our differences that give life it's vibrant color.

What fun would it be if we were too similar?

Okay, I'm gonna wrap it up here. I love you L.

.Patrick