Friday, December 2, 2011

Dear Boy,


So. Adventure. And a club. A club about adventure. That's great, because I'm all about adventure. Or I used to be. Or i used to think i was. Or I wish I was. Or someday I will be.

No, really.

Even if I don't currently do more adventuring than fighting a ravenous (for sugar) three-year-old, surviving diaper explosions, and living on the windiest hill in the world, I have dreams of doing more than the same. I don't relish in ruts. The stagnancy of doing the same every day makes me feel itchy. Change soothes my soul. I like to try new things, push my limits, endure frustration, love people, feel the pulse of adrenaline, be confident in myself. Or i think i like those things. Or maybe i used to. I don't remember.

But I can try to remember.

Improvement. Stretching. Testing. Learning. Tasting. Becoming. These are ways to live loudly and really breathe. And I want to live that way. And maybe I do live that way on some days every once in awhile. And you inspire me often to live that way or at least to remember that living that way is a possibility. But I'd like it to be a way of life, not just an idea to visit from time to time.

So, dear boy. I'm in. I'm game. I'm ready for goals. I'm ready to change.

Love, your lady