I love you.
I wanted to invite you into a club I'm creating today. It's called The Adventure Club and it's all about making sure we don't forget, in the midst of the necessary survival of life, to take advantage of everything that it is to be alive. It's a club for people who like to try new things. A club for people who like to become more skillful. A club for people who want to see their impact upon the world. In short it's a club for people like you and me. And in fact again–so that would be in fact fact–you are already a part of the club, but due to formality I was required by our club charter to offer you an official invitation.
I put together the following list of things that would be required of members of The Adventure Club (after all if we don't have goals to shoot for we just kind of drift oar-lessly):
The Adventure Club
Cook one new thing/try one new thing (food) each week
Be constantly engaged in learning or refreshing a foreign language.
Book club.
Go see one new thing a month (a new park, a part of town you've never frequented, your bedroom upside down, etc.).
Travel non-locally once a year.
Publish something each year. Something physical. A book. Through blurb or something. Own up to our accomplishments.
These are just some ideas of goals I'd like to shoot for. Just tell me what you think. I hope you'll want to adventure with me in this club of ours, because you're already listed as Senior Vice-President of adventure in it. :)
