Monday, July 26, 2010

Dear Boy,

So.... invest in real estate like President Kimball?

I think you are and will be good at anything you decide to do.  You're just extraordinary.  That means: way more than average.  You're a different kind of a person --in a very good way.  When I first started to know you, I felt that right away.  I knew that I wouldn't run across many of your caliber.  I also knew that I felt something pretty dynamically special for you.  And I still do.  Even more so.

I trust you to do your best.  I trust that your best is really good.  And I trust that the Lord will take care of us.  The specifics are superfluous if your heart is in the right place.  

I spent two hours at the food pantry this afternoon.  And it was a sweet relief to serve like that and to smile at people who don't get many smiles.  It reminded me of my past with the food pantry and how I came to know many of the people and love being with them.  They are so humble.  They weather trials that a portion of the world never have to think about.  There is so much to learn from them.

That's all.  Now I'm off to spackle at the barn.  I still think spackle is a word, even though this Mac doesn't recognize it as such.  Some call it mud.  Others call it joint compound.  I think it deserves its own distinct name.

From Your Lady