Well that was an awesome flight. It's been a long time since I was on a plane for that long. Probably not since we flew out west together.
And I'll begin by admitting that I didn't spend a lot of time gazing out my window. On a five hour flight there's only so much window gazing that one can do. So I spent most of the time watching movies on my iPad (which is now dead, along with the portable charger, and my headphones :) For a lot of that flight we were at 38,000 feet, so al I could see out my window anyway was clouds. And it was strange because the world looked green when I left the ground, but then after hours of flight wherein the world was blanketed in clouds we finally reached a clear patch of sky and . . . Wow, the entire world had turned brown. It was crazy! I'm not sure where we were, but everything was desert and treeless. It was a very strange contrast. Now that we've arrived in California, however, it's become an interesting blend of greens and browns.
And San Francisco has a crazy amount of watery-neighborhoods. I suppose that isn't too surprising given proximity to the ocean, but I hadn't ever thought about it before.
Want to hear something cool (I suppose this presupposes that you didn't think the other things I'd said were cool . . . )? I'm not sure why it happened, but they changed my seat assignment at the last minute so I moved up on the plane. I ended up with more leg room, a courtesy blanket (which I kept as a souvenir), and a full lunch for free! And not just like a drink and pretzels—I got lasagna, fruit, and cheesecake! What!?
Unfortunately I didn't realize the whole lunch thing until I'd already eaten the sandwiches I packed . . . oh well.
Anyway, we're about to take off again, but may all these letters serve as a reminder to you if my love and if how often you are what's on my mind and in my heart.
You are everything to me.
.a boy