Thursday, July 12, 2018

Dear Lady,

I miss you.
I love to travel,
but I miss you when I'm gone.
I hope your drive back home went alright, and that Sam (as well as the rest of the kids) behaves for you today. I hope you're able to get a morning nap while he naps. I hope you're happy today. I hope you smile and laugh and have fun with those wonderful kids of ours. I know they can be a handful a lot of the time, but most of the time I feel like I have kids who are so much better than I feel I deserve. They are incredible kids. Thank you for sharing them with me.

If I'm being honest I must admit that I certainly still don't talk as openly and as often as I would like with you. I am trying to do better, incrementally, and I hope you can see that. I'd like to confide more of myself in you and keep less of myself caged up in my own head. Even if it's sharing the same conversations with you that I have with myself (over and over), I still want you to be a part of that, because you are a part of me.
I hope you know that.

I love you so much.
I miss you so much.
I can't wait for Saturday night.

.a boy