Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Dear Lady,

Thanks for last night.
Our date, I mean.
The one where we went to dinner and then went for a walk.
Thanks for later last night too.
And thanks for this morning.
And really just thank you for every moment of my life since I met you. 
Or since you met me.
I think I'd say that I met you first--I did initiate that first epic-fail of a conversation.  
Everything turned out okay in the end though.
Better than okay.
I have never had a relationship anything like what I have with you.  
I think that every morning when I wake.  
And every morning when I climb back into bed with you at 6:10am (though I was a couple minutes late this morning).  
There's not a day that I don't recognize and feel grateful for the fact that you could have ended up with someone else, but are here with me.
You are my great muse. 
My great solace.
My grandest smiles.
So thank you for all of that.
For every moment.
And thank you for last night.

.a boy