Friday, April 8, 2016

Dear Lady,

I'm deep in the midst of an awesome webinar. Now, I recommend that you read this again in as sarcastic a tone as you can imagine: I'm deep in the midst of an awesome webinar.
. . .
Sorry, it's so awesome that it won't just play all the way through. I have to keep clicking continue after each slide. That's what that inserted pause was. I've done everything I can to find a
. . .
"continuous play" button but I haven't
. . .
found anything.
I always fee like they make these webinars for elementary school students. Even then though they're a little pandering. I know that, in reality, they've made these for adults who've been in this career field for a while
. . .
which is a frightening prospect when you think about it really. If you have so great faith in your workers, why speak to them this way? And, if you NEED to speak to them this way, then you NEED new employees.
. . .
It's about Green building.
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Sorry—had to take a quick quiz.
This is stupid information. Turn off and unplug everything when you're not using it. Always put plug in bathtub before filling and only fill halfway. Line dry clothes. Fix leaks.
I mean, really. We needed a webinar for this? And it's a $200 webinar.
What!?
Here's how we can save time and money:
. . .
Don't make us sit in front of a computer for three hours listening to someone recite common sense back to us.
Anyway, these kinds of things are always unbelievable.

I hope the van drove alright for you. I really couldn't believe how bad the rotors looked. I really can't believe that Goodyear didn't say anything. They noticed the alignment and suggested a repair, but they didn't notice that the brakes and rotors are rusty beyond all belief?
. . .
I feel like this webinar is putting me in a bit of a bitter mood. Not my intention.
So let me change tack this way: I love you. I have been growing in love with you from the moment you first got in my car.
. . .
I'm looking forward to hanging out with you and Caitlin and Josh tonight. They may not always provide the conversation we're looking for, but they've been good friends. I really do look forward to their company. I really enjoy how much you laugh when they're with us.
I'll see you tonight!

.a boy