Friday, January 1, 2016

Dear Lady,

Dear Lady,

Do you remember when I first introduced you to my aunt Cindy's family? I introduced you as Lindsay. Later, though, I called out to you by saying "Hey, Lady!" and my aunt immediately verbally lashed out at me for referring to you that way. She thought I was being impersonal and rude. Things got rather awkward for a moment there until you and I explained our use of the term Lady and its Peter Pan reference.
Do you remember that? I think about it almost every time I come here to write a letter to you.

So how are you?
It's a new year. How does 2016 feel to you? To me 2016 feels like Batman v Superman is finally coming out and I'm entirely prepared for it to be no good (all the while secretly hoping it will be amazing (probably not though (but I can hope))). I have those Christmas movie tickets I could use on it, but I'm not convinced that's what I'll do. I'm sure you wouldn't be overly devastated if I chose something else :). It's always a little bit of a dilemma when we get free movie passes, because I feel obligated to overly scrutinize what's coming out and try to pick out the best theater experience. When there're things like Avatar, or Gravity it's a little easier to decide—I'm not aware of anything so very ground breaking this year.
Anyway, I'm excited for the weekend with you. For a crazy drive down to Philadelphia just to visit a puppy (and then not even be able to purchase her). For some time alone in Ithaca with just you, me, and Nolan. For the potential digging of a small pond in our side yard. For games of Dominion. And for every other moment spent together.
Thank you for your good company and laughter.
I love you.

.Patrick