Friday, March 9, 2012

My Dear Boy,

You take care of me and make up for me so well. I knew I was completely in love with you when I chose to be with you, but I had no idea how much I would need you. If only I could care for you half as well and thankfully I have eternity to learn it.
Though the list of things for which to thank you is ever expanding. A few today that I would especially like to mention...
Thank you for being exceptional in the mornings while I am anything but.
Thank you for every time you have ever showed compassion and cleaned up after I puked. (Why have I been the puker in our marriage?)
Thank you for being the other half of my parenting, for learning it with me, for laughing through it with me, for being such an involved and loving dad.
Thank you for being a spiritual example to me.
Thank you for cutting your hair, because heaven knows I don't always have the will to do so.
Thank you for trying out new and sometimes wild ideas with me... like putting the sink in the middle of the kitchen and putting holes in our Maples and untested recipes.
Thank you for encouraging me to improve myself and make good on my interests and talents.
Thank you for working a job that you don't love to provide for me and them and you.
Thank you for being ever-patient with me.
And now back to the pot pie. Crust is intimidating, so I needed a little break.
I love you, dear boy. You become dearer to me everyday. I'm glad to be with you, to grow up and out and old with you, to do fun things and hard things with you.

From, your lady