Monday, March 5, 2012

Dear Boy,

Hi. My name is frustrated. I'm your wife.
Smile.
It's one o clock in Interlaken.
I am unshowered, unexercised, smelly in my pajamas.
Gerret is eating leftover noodles and pineapple. He's sipping the juices from the tupperware with a straw.
The baby is napping. I put her down five minutes ago. I hope she will sleep for longer than she did this morning so I can get in some exercise and hygiene before the bus. I wish the Mac would correct my spelling like the iphone so kindly did for me. I don't like having to know how to spell hygiene. It took me two tries.
Since she didn't sleep this morning, Gerret and I made brownies for family night while she sat in the swing. Betty asks for the butter and chocolate to be melted together in a saucepan before you add it to the sugar and eggs. We burned it a little. So the brownies have a slightly overcooked flavor. The batter did too, so neither of us felt inclined to lick the bowl. What a waste.
My other goals for today:
1. list that propane hunk of junk on craigslist. The photos would only show up as a failed source, no matter how many different ways and locations I tried saving them in. Finally I thought I'd just post it anyway, so I did. And it all just disappeared. Frustrating. Seems to be a common theme for me and computers.
2. un hook the exhaust pipe from said furnace for its upcoming removal from the kitchen. So many screws were removed, but glue seemed to be used as a reinforcement. And one key screw would not budge for the life of me. So... it's still attached and I'm sweaty from trying. And even more frustrated.

Sorry to complain, but it feels good to get it off my chest. What should I do? Give up and not try? It seems that most of my efforts are thwarted. Or maybe I look for too much perfection.

From Me