Thursday, May 11, 2017

Dear Boy,


You're amazing. Thanks for being so good to me even when I lose control and get snappy. I'm sorry I do that. Thanks for talking with me. I don't know that it makes it better, but it's relieving to feel understood. 

You're amazing to me in the way you take action and make things happen. Like you made sugar and hatched chicks. You're the impetus behind a lot of things happening in our house. Maybe those things often start because I had an idea, but you have enough drive to make them reality. 

I was thinking about the notion that we don't have a lot in common and determined that we share common goals and values and that's all that really matters. We have a good life together, we work well together, and we love each other. I think we lucked out. Well, I definitely did. 

lady