Monday, February 8, 2016

Dear Lady,

I'm sitting in our lobby covering the front desk for Glenda and Drake is playing in the background—Hotline Bling. I didn't set the station either. She listens to this channel out of Syracuse and, typically, it plays Motown music. Every now and again, however, some hip hop creeps up. I've even been here to hear Tupac playing for our clients.
Yep. This place is much cooler than CFCU.

Anyway, I just wanted to write and tell you I love you.
I'm looking forward to maple sugaring with you . . . And I'm looking forward to maple sugaring you?
I really hope these trays that I bought work—they were pricey enough. They look good. Really good. We'll have no resulting sediment and they should, hopefully, be easier to manage than the big bowl. Now we just have to make a new stove.
I saw something online this morning where someone had just built the stove out of rocks—instead of cinder blocks. It'd be cheaper that way, but we don't really have enough rocks. Besides, cinder blocks cost like a nickel. Okay, a little more than that, but they are pretty cheap. I think we can just get some cinder blocks this weekend and build the stove that way. Then I'll just have to accomplish my goal of tapping the trees and not having them leak excessively.
Here's to hoping!

I hope that my attempt at eating healthy helps you on your quest to eat healthier and to be healthier. Sometimes I feel that if I'm doing well at it and you're not that it might be discouraging to you. I hope that's not the case. It's really been your desire to be healthy and fit that has driven my desire to do the same. Running is not something that I've ever enjoyed (and maybe won't ever enjoy), but you've inspired me to do it and a day like Saturday—completing a 5K—provides me with no small level of satisfaction. So thank you for that.
I'll see you tonight.
I love you.

.a Boy

P.S. It sucks that all of the really most flavorful foods are the worst for you. Now excuse me while I eat my carrot . . .