Happiest of happy Thanksgiving!
For the first time in a very long time I am celebrating this holiday with a rather clear idea of what the future holds and where we're going (of course I'm speaking career-wise). I won't say I don't still struggle from time-to-time with a longing for my voyages and adventures, but for the first time I have a very clear goal in my head and it is helping me keep my focus.
I love this rural country life you've brought me back to. I have always wanted to see the world, but I have also always wanted to just build myself into a community and build-up that community in turn. I want to know and love my neighbors. I want us to work together and love one another. I want to be intimately acquainted with the earth, my surroundings, and my own physical limitations.
I wake up in the morning much easier now than I had lately and I think it's because I don't dread myself and my indecision anymore. I wake up to write about our country life. Or to study country things. Or to watch country videos. I am inspired by them. Uplifted by them. And I am anxious to work alongside my best friend, Farmer Mur (Farmurmur?)!
On this day of Thanksgiving I am thankful for our sweet little home. I am thankful for the country around us. I am thankful for the chickens we tend to each day. I am thankful for our children and for watching them run and play in our backyard. I am thankful for our Savior, Jesus Christ, and the way the gospel has led me so very far down this road to being the person I want to be. I am thankful for a Heavenly Father who helped strengthen His son along this path that has blessed so many of us.
And I am thankful for you—my best friend, my dear companion, and my whole world. Thank you for believing in me and in us. Thank you for patience and love. Thank you for hard work and resilience. Thank you for your example of charity and understanding. And thank you for farming with me (this is an advanced thank you since we don't actually do this yet :) Thank you for another year with you. It's been a difficult one, but your colors have shown through it: beautiful and resplendent.
Happy Thanksgiving to the most amazing girl I ever met.
I love you.
.Patrick