Monday, September 22, 2014

Dear Boy

That stretch of lake down there at Lodi Point is one of my favorite places I've ever been or even seen in a picture.  I feel grounded, brought back to earth and the present moment when I am there.  It inspires me to live more deeply and dream more wildly.

Today we walked down to see the cows.  It's something we do to bide our time, to entertain the girl, and to provide some small form of exercise to my lethargic muscles.  Well, today where we usually find cows, we encountered two empty fields, the grass having just been cut and still drying in long rows.  In the third field, under a small oasis of trees close to the road were the herd of longhorn cattle.  They are absolutely breathtaking up close.  Except for when they look like they want to charge through the electric fence, because the dog who you so graciously allowed to tag along, is barking and howling at the top of his lungs.  We left in in a harried manner, dragging said barking pup by the leash behind us, cows creeping near, heartbeat pounding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was Friday.  Greetings now from Monday.

I am trying to keep the excitement from bubbling up because I'm only slightly possibly pregnant, but truly I am excited for the prospect of having one more baby.  So I'll say it here in letter form where the energy doesn't drip from my vocal chords.  I'm pretty excited.

And I was regretting today that we haven't been consistent about taking video footage of our family as it grows.  Maybe we can try to change that somehow?

I'll keep it to I LOVE YOU.  But let it mean this: I have no fear about you or us.  I trust you with my everything.  I see you and I see good in you.  I hope for all the best life has to offer for you.  I believe in you and what you are capable of.  I dream of you when I sleep and when I wake.  I treasure my memories made with you.  Every plan I have for my future has you in it.  I see you as my teammate, my compliment, my equal, my dearest friend.

I love you.

L