It's been a full year overflowing since I last wrote to you on here and that I do regret. I treasure every communication with you and have recognized in the past what a beautiful opportunity the internet has lent in keeping this little blog for us. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I mostly forgot about it and when I remembered today, I returned to write and found that you have been the faithful pen-pal for a while now. And I always the lag-behind, near-failure. I'm never quite sure how you put up with me. Like when you came with tea this morning and drank next to me, my back turned, eyes shut, mind completely absorbed in the subconscious realm. If I were married to me for ten years, I wouldn't be.
Actually, I didn't come on here to say any of that, so let me start anew. (Just like that Dear John I once wrote, ha ha.)
Dear Boy,
I'm here today with this message: I'm in love. I love my life. I love this earth. I love our little green house. I love the sound of crickets at night. I revel in the call of the coyotes. In the day I listen to the air mingle with the leaves outside the upstairs windows and I think, "Hoo boy, I am IN LOVE!" I love quiet moments, and I love the times given to laugh. That girl we call our daughter, and I call joy, she truly is and I am deeply in love with her. I'm still figuring out how to be a mom to those boys of ours, but I sure am in love with the opportunity no matter how many mornings I desperately need the fresh start offered. I love people. I love God. I love the message of transformation whispered through the gospel of Jesus Christ and the hope I find daily in that. I love vegetables of every color, the feel of dirt at my fingertips. And flowers, you know it. The ocean, I saw it last month that first time from the balcony of our third floor condo and I knew for sure that what I felt was true love. I love things that sparkle. I love colors, every color by itself and all of them together. I love simplicity and wide open, uncluttered space, but I also love every piece of clutter that brings back a delicious memory and I enjoy that my mind is a complicated web. I love running and swimming and the feeling of my body moving and breathing. I am in love with singing. I love that some people are tone deaf. I am in love with every hard thing that has taught me an important lesson. I love the creativity that flows through this whole earth and every person, there is so much beauty everywhere. I am in love with these virtues: kindness, forgiveness, patience, cleanliness, honesty, gratitude, fidelity, and purity of heart. I am in love with every soul who has ever modeled these for me. I bow to the darkness and I love the light. I love the darkness because only through it do I recognize light. I am in love with these past ten years spent journeying next to you. I am in love with you, my dear traveling companion. I am in love with the prospect of an infinite amount of traveling in your company. I am in love with friendship generally and I am in love with your friendship specifically. Sometimes, love is all I can feel in a funny kind of a way.
Love informs my daily living so much that I think I will eventually become love and that is my greatest desire.
Yours truly, completely, and eternally,
Lady