Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dear Lady,

You remain the most beautiful person I have ever met.
These ten years have been incredible, though hardly a beginning to the time I need with you. It would seem that every moment together, rather than satisfy, only makes me long to know you better. Your smile grows fuller, your eyes wider, and your soul deeper the more I come to know you—and that is the greatest story of my life.
I wish I could say that I penned something new and fantastic for your for this occasion—the tenth anniversary of the day The Lord promised he'd help us be together forever—but I did not. I suppose I felt that drafting new prose at every occasion would somehow cheapen the act—unfortunately writing also happens to be my greatest gift, so if I've ruled it out, what to get for you then to show how important this day is to me? I'm really not sure.
Well, that's not entirely true. I had this amazing plan that was going to be the most amazing plan ever, but it did not occur to me until it was too late to carry it out. I suppose your parents are away anyway, so it wouldn't have mattered, but still . . . I am sorry to not have fireworks and festivals to communicate my love for you and the importance of milestones like this to me. I still have every intent of carrying forward my top secret plan, but it will have to be on a day other than today.
I am getting ready, now, to come upstairs for tea together. I am happy to share moments like this with you. Oh how I love you! Oh how happy I am to have spent these ten years together—adventuring in this world together. Please, know that I love you. Know that you are the most important thing in this world to me. Please, stay forever.

Let This Be A Twilight Cloud

Let this be a twilight cloud
burning at the horizon
and remember
the sun is not gone, though gone from view
and I will always return to you. 


.a Boy