So how do you like your new iThingy? I hope it's working now. I hope it's everything you hoped it would be, custom made and all. The iPhone is in my red bag in the car. Banished for a while. The boys were eager to have it. And watch Krypto for the rest of their lives. I think I'll hide the phone daily and pretend we don't have access to it. If they ask you, it caught fire.
I don't know why some days are worse for one or both of them than other days. Every little thing is made difficult. Today has been one of those days. Nolan wanted cereal, not eggs, and threw a fit when I said, "no". Neither of them wanted to get dressed. While I was in the shower, they got into the leftover Easter candy and chocolafied the clean, handsome shirts I had just finished wrestling them into. And when I got out of the shower, they whined about picking up the foil wrappers they had littered through the living room (one of them refused to pick them up at all... guess which one). They complained about the coats I grabbed for them and one of them refused to wear it (guess again). The argued in the car about their inability to share Krypto (no problem now; iphone caught fire). When we arrived at school, (only two minutes late! We even would have been on time if there hadn't been a problem with the coats.) Nolan did NOT want to take the bag with his boots and coat in it. He announced authoritatively that he was going to make ten projects and I would need to carry them, because no-way was he going to bring a bag. So I carried the boots and coat in sans bag. I paid tuition right before Gerret whine/yelled from halfway down the stairs that he couldn't make it down by himself. Poor little thing was clinging with both hands to the railing looking like the jaws of death must have been snapping at him from further down the stairs. So I go back up, take his hand, and fight of the jaws as I lead him down the stairs. Two steps from the bottom, I heard another whine/yell from the other boy who apparently thought I was trying to make a break for it. Maybe I should have when I had the chance. Instead, I followed Nolan into the circus so that he good give me a hard time about leaving him and need Miss Jackie to come peel him from my leg as his got teary eyed. Then I did make a break for it, but not without the younger beast throwing a fit about leaving.
So yeah, let's have another one. Obviously, I have everything under control with the two we already have. Really though. Things don't always proceed like they did this morning. Sometimes everything goes smoothly. And whenever (or ifever) that happens, I consider it a miracle and thank my Heavenly Father for helping me maintain (or regain) my sanity so I can make it through the next handful of difficult mornings/days/weeks.