Friday, September 29, 2017

Dear Boy,



I'm doing well with school. For the most part, I'm not very stressed about it because I'm determined and I'm doing my best to stay a little ahead in everything. I really like learning new things, knowing the things I learn are important for me to understand in the future, and having a clear goal. It's such a relief to be earnestly working toward this thing. 

Nolan would like to have a garden. What do you think of having a couple of raised beds over the existing "garden". We could fill them with top soils from behind everything near where the compost is so we can avoid clay. 

Gerret would like to learn to sew. Not sure what to start him with though?  Any ideas? And he's going to do the computer programming thing. I sincerely hope he will like that. 

Auburn wants me to make her a lunch. Consider this my to-do list. 

I'd like to try more earnestly to teach them each piano once a week. It's just hard to find a time. 

I was in a super bad mood after hearing my mom say she was inspired to add onto our house, but I'm doing better today (being Monday, I forgot to publish this then).  I don't know a solution, but I'm pretty certain that's not it. 

Now that it's Friday and I'm getting around to actually posting this, let me add that I think you're a really good coach. Well, you're good at everything you do, so no surprises there. It's just, I'm lucky to have you. And our kids are lucky to have you, even though they do like you more than me. I need to be nicer to them. I lose patience a lot, well mostly just with Auburn. Anyway, you're a great example to me. I really look up to you. And I love you so much it aches my heart a little. 

I gave Sam a bath before his morning nap. He likes to splash. It's cute. He also really wants to stick his face in the water. It makes the task of washing him more challenging than it should be. 

I also did Punch, Kick, and Jam. I need a shower now. I'm glad we're trying to get in better shape and be more healthy. It feels good. And now it's Friday, so we will eat junk and not get enough sleep. I'll try to at least be more moderate in my snacking tonight. Ha ha. 

L