Monday, August 15, 2011

Good Morning Lindsay,

I enjoy the calm of morning. The world loves the night. Stay up as you might it seems there is always someone else awake making noise with you. Neighbors. Cars driving by. Kids. But magically, if you'll just go to sleep and wake up early—it doesn't seem to matter what time—everyone has gone to sleep. The world is at rest for you and you are alive with your thoughts.
I'm listening to Everything Creative on the Mormon Channel. I started listening as I was folding laundry. This time it's an author I'm listening to. No one I'm familiar with, but it has been an interesting interview. His kids earned their allowance by giving him advice on the children's books he was writing.
I like writing. I was thinking this weekend that writing might be that final talent that I might like to pursue through my life. Obviously there've been years I've been thinking bout this and about all there is to see/do/learn in life. I'd still like to do it all, but it is beyond argument that we come into this world with certain interests. Certain abilities. As a result I think we have a responsibility to do all we can to use those talents to better the world—then I think we can use our free time to explore every other interest or avenue. I write. I tell stories. Photos. Words. I think I ought to pursue this more and I think I'll find writing can allow me to do anything else I've dreamed of doing, and not hinder my ability to wander down other avenues as we go.
I love you. It's a beautiful foggy morning. When it's foggy, and before the sun is alive, the day is a deep blue. Have you noticed that? The fog is a thick blue and the trees kind of materialize out of them. It's gorgeous. I love the morning. I love you.
.PtB

Sent from my iPad