Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dear Boy,

I know it's only Wednesday, but a week of vacation must have been rejeuvenating despite our bout with illness, because I am enjoying being a mom this week.  Really, really enjoying it.  Not even whining has really phased me.  We have two extraordinarily sweet boys.  They are both so smart and kindhearted and cute.  I am especially partial to their brown eyes.
Yesterday I was reading in Alma 32 about faith and perfect knowledge.  I was struck by how merciful the Lord is.  He has high expectations for His children, but not unrealistic ones.  He only holds us responsible for the things we understand with our hearts.  He is so eager to teach us, but requires us to work for our own knowledge so that we will value and reverence it. 
As a parent, I want to be more like Him. 
Thanks for journeying along with me.  Being a parent is such a wild adventure.  So much is expected, but sometimes I only feel like a student.  It's humbling to have responsibility for these little guys.  There is so much to learn.

Love, Your Lady