Friday, September 17, 2010

Dear Boy,

I think that particular zoo is worse than others, but it was raining too hard for us to really take notice.  We pretty much ran through it and yelled, "Hi Tigers!  Hi Elephants!  Hi Owl!" as we passed by.  But we had fun despite our sopping clothes.  It's always good to get out of the house.  Though I have to say that I am really enjoying my time with Gerret during nursery school hours.  He's been asking for a few days to "scoop Cinder's poop", so I just helped him do just that.  Cinder will be pleased.  We also cuddled with his fuzzy pillow and read a pile of books.  Before that we played with Jasmine and got a doughnut from Grandma upstairs (right now he is clearing off our bed to be super man as I write this).  My mom just got home from visiting the Amish family who will build a barn for her.  The father of the family, Toby is between 45 and 50 (bob's estimate) and he owns a successful building business.  He has 8 sons and 2 daughters (also according to Bob, but my mom verified that she met all 8 sons and one daughter who was about Nolan's age this morning).  The children work for and live with their parents until they are 21 or married.  They work sort of as apprentices in whatever their father's business is and they don't get paid.  After they are 21 or married, their father builds them a house and gives them a piece of land just like in olden days.  Except I don't know what happens to the daughters. They're garbage I suppose.
It will be good to practice on this kitchen floor so that someday if we need to do it again, we'll know more what we're supposed to do and be more confident.
Speaking of knowing what we're supposed to do and being confident.  We stink at this in real life.  I don't even want to go ahead and make a decision because I'm not confident that I can make a good one.  Let's just live with my parents forever.  It will be a grand party.  Thanks for waiting in the rain after midnight for me.  It's amazing that you could stay awake that late.  I love you.