Thursday, February 11, 2021

Dear L,

Right as I set to write this I saw a flea jump off of me . . . Great. :) But that’s just what it is to have animals, right?

Happy [advance] Valentine’s to you!

Perhaps I’ll have a card or something for you as well. But at the very least I thought it might be time for me to make my own installment on our long forgotten blog. We were never expertly consistent about entries here, but it makes for a wonderful read through — revisiting some of the years and moments of our life together. And for that I am grateful. 

So, again, Happy [early] Valentine’s Day!

Now, what to write about? If only I were more sure of who I was . . . 

I’ve long assumed that if I could at long last put this one conversation to rest — this one conversation/argument alive constantly in my mind — that I could at last really begin to . . . Well, I’m not entirely sure what, but I would at last become that ‘more’ that I hope for myself. Then I could have such a conversation to include here. I feel like I could be so much more for you. For everyone. For myself. 

And maybe some day I’ll get there. But for the time being may it suffice to assure you that I am quite happy with my life. With the hand I’ve been dealt, as they say. Though, honestly I don’t really feel my life has been dealt to me. I am proud (for the most part) to say that I’ve chosen this life I have. You and our children are such blessings to me. To quote that beautiful life from Cameron Crowe’s movie Aloha: "You have no idea the storms you quiet in me." I hold onto that thought through everything. You are a wonder to me. My quiet in any storm. And when the rest of the world celebrates the loves in their lives I’m fortunate above them all to know you are the great love of mine. 


.PtB