Thursday, February 28, 2019

Boy,

You changed my life. It just took that one date on that one Saturday night that bled into a Sunday morning. It just took a little bit of time with you painting shakers and eating Fazoli’s for me to feel that I needed more time and it only took a little more time on the hill near Rock Canyon before I realized that I shouldn’t see you again.  At least that’s what I told my mom the next day when she asked about our date. You were different. You were different from my date the night before ours. You were different from every guy I’d met in Provo. You were different from every guy I knew back home.  You were different from any person in the world that I had encountered and I liked that. I felt so at ease with you. I felt so intrigued by you. My heart begged for even more time with you while my head was explaining why that would be a bad idea.  I’m glad my heart proved the winner. Thank you for having the courage so many years ago to invite me to go with you that night. Thank you for seeing in me something worth the inquiry.  Thank you for sitting there in Color Me Mine while patrons streamed in and then back out having painted much larger items than a pair of shakers.  Thank you for taking serious my desire to hike Y Mountain and persisting in finding sleds when the hike didn’t pan out. Thank you for staying out into the wee hours of the morning with me that very first time and every time after it. I wouldn’t have put a label on how I felt about you that night. It happened so unexpectedly and frankly, it terrified me, but it also made me so happy to be with you. I am still so happy to be with you. I feel so humbled to be yours.  I feel so blessed when I look back and when I look forward and when I sit in this moment considering our life.  Thanks for that first date and the wonderful life that has followed.  I love you

L